1. The currency note of Rs.500 & 1000 is discontinued and salaried people are appreciating this decision if implemented in the right direction.
2. The pension paid by EPFO is not the pension of MTNL. It is the provision made by the Central Govt for unorganised sector. The pension paid by MTNL on IDA pay scale is the pension of PSU/MTNL. Earlier before the notification of 3-3-2014, MTNL paid the IDA pension in which DOT shared it’s part of pension contribution for DOT service and MTNL shared it’s part of pension contribution for MTNL service as per the OM of DOT. Thereafter, DOT is paying the IDA pension in which DOT is sharing it’s part of pension contribution for DOT service and MTNL is sharing it’s part of pension contribution for MTNL service along with the difference of scale between MTNL & BSNL. But it is the PSU pension which is being paid by the DOT (only dibursement counter is changed) as per DOT clarification & OM issued by DOT .
3. All the Govt servant of DOT who absorbed in MTNL and opted for monthly pension on CDA for service rendered to DOT whether completed 10 years or not, shall be entitled for pensionary benefit available under PSU, not for EPF. Means herewith, all the absorbee of DOT in MTNL are entitled of IDA pension of MTNL whether it is disbursed by MTNL or DOT as per the terms signed by the official and DOT on the option letter at the time of absorption. The new decision of Supreme court of India that” both official & Govt are bound with the terms of absorption and it is the legal boundation of Enforcement of contract act 1872″.
4. The official ,who could not completed 10 years in DOT & opted for monthly pro-rata pension , contacted to GS-PRPA. It is assured that they are entitled for IDA pension with commutation of PSU/MTNL on the completion 10 years Qualifying pensionable service in MTNL on superannuation if they are unite. Unitely, they have to oppose the EPF in writing.
5. Those officials, who neither completed 10 years in DOT nor completed 10 service in MTNL, may plead in the court for combined service pension on legal documents. If they unite then they will get the IDA pension of PSU/MTNL for combined service. But they have to oppose the EPF in writing.
6. Every absorbed official has to oppose the EPF in writing, who is interested for IDA pension of PSU/MTNL.