GS-PRPA along with Sh.S.N.Dahiya,Vice-President PRPA met to Asst. Commissioner-
PF at EPFO to clarify the following points on the new order.
1. The EPFO pension will be calculated on the five years of the everage salary.
2. The weightage of 59 or 60 years will be given on the 20 years or above service.
3. There is no cut-off date for execution of option to change on actual Basic+IDA or enhanced pension.
4. MTNL is exempted organisation in EPFO,therefore, all the option for this enhancement will be submitted through EPF Trust O/O CMD MTNL,CGO Complex, New Delhi.
5. The contribution of EPF-95 may be deposited upto the service 60 years. This information will be provided by the Head Office of EPFO, Bhikaji Kama Place,New Delhi. As it received, then it will be updated.
6. The 8.33%+1.16% of the difference of actual Basic+IDA( on which 12% EPF paid by MTNL) and Rs.5,000/-,Rs.6,500/-,Rs.15,000/-( the ceiling statutory limit for EPFO pension) as the case may be , will be deposited by the EPF Trust of MTNL to the EPFO on the exercise of option for enhanced pension w.e.f. 1/11/1998 or 1/10/2000 as the case may be.
7. The NCP will be reduced from the total length of period for calculating the EPFO pension. Means, any period due to any reason on which the 12% EPF is not paid by MTNL to the official/officer , that period will be reduced from the qualifying pensionable service of EPFO-95 pension.