MTNL VRS Scheme – 2019
- Group A & B absorbed on 1-10-2000 under Rule 37A of CCS ( Pension ) Rule 1972 and Pro-rata Pension offered from 2007 to 2012.
- Sub-rule 23 of Rule-37A amended by GOI dated 3-3-2014 and effective from respective date. Group C & D absorbed in 37 extended to 37A for making of pension payment by DOT/GOI. Specially, the directly recruited employees of MTNL are not covered under this GOI dated 3-3-2014.
- The CCS (Pension) Rule-1972, Presidential Order and Option Letter allows the IDA Pension of MTNL/PSU for second spell of service on the completion of Qualifying Pensionable Service.
- It is not under standable why all the unions/associations are not considering the grievances of pro-rata pensioners while on other part the unions/associations seeking chanda, donations and participation in demonstration from pro-rata pensioners. All are silent on the genuine issues of pro-rata pensioners. Is it only to push the pro-rata pensioners to court for it’s genuine grievances.
- It is submitted to Secy-DOT and CMD-MTNL that they will listen the voice of pro-rata pensioners for natural justice.
- The high majority of eligible employees are opting for VRS despite of discrimination.