It is a crucial time for the pro-rata pensioners because on which unions/associations they believe but none has supported them before & after VRS. There are some clarifications arranged with the consultation of the team of counsels.
- It is very much clear that the case of second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT is pending at Honorable High Court of Delhi.
- Those members of PRPA who retired before 31-1-2020 and eligible for second spell IDA pension, but applied for EPS-95 pension by filling 10D form. In case they are interested in the DOT pension, they have to represent to EPFO that they will surrender the whole amount of EPS-95 pension on the outcome of the court case from the Supreme court and one copy to Secretary DOT.
- Those members of PRPA who retired on/after 31-1-2020 on superannuation and eligible & interested for second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT, they are requested not to fill the 10D form for EPS-95 pension.
- Those members of PRPA who retired on 31-1-2020 on availing VRS-19, they are eligible for second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT & even assured/committed by DOT in calculation sheet of exgratia at column no. f “Pension payable after VRS for the remaining service”. Now it has become your right and not to apply EPS-95 by not filling 10D form, because for the same period you cannot claim a pension from two points/counters. This matter is submitted to the High Court in our case through our counsel. Even those who submitted the 10D form to the CPF section may withdraw if they are interested in second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT.
- Those pro-rata pensioners who are not the member of PRPA and applied for VRS-19(group B&C at the time of absorption). They have to claim “pension payable as per column no. f of exgratia calculation sheet” in the court with the prayer to regularize pension and have to withdraw their 10D from & not to apply forEPS-95 pension.
- Those pro-rata pensioners who are /or not the member of PRPA and applied for VRS-19( group A&B at the time of absorption). They have to claim 125% exgratia as per the term of VRS-19 and apply for EPS-95 pension by filling 10D form because they are not eligible for second spell IDA pension/pension payable due to not completing the 20 years qualifying pensionable service in MTNL.
- All pro-rata pensioners availed the VRS-19, are eligible for the gratuity of 21.25 years service of group C&D but group A&B are eligible for the gratuity of 19.5 years service. The calculation of gratuity is the base of the qualifying service of the pension.
- Be hurry and take decision accordingly as per your choices, but PRPA is committed to fighting up to the curative of the supreme court for the legitimate right of second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT.