Updation on dated 28-3-2020
Every body is inside the home due to lockdown appealed & announced by Prime Minister of India due to CORONA VIRUS in India but MTNL workers are on the job. The ex-gratia payment of VRS is being paid on 30-3-2020 but only 30.8% of total ex-gratia and no other payment will be done. But the payment of salary of February-20 will also paid in time, because the existing GM’s and Directors are affected. Now, we are finally discussing the issue of “Pension Payable to Pro-rata Optee on VRS and Second spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT”
- Pension Payable to Pro-rata Optee absorbed in MTNL
who opted VRS-2019 in MTNL:– The management of MTNL alongwith unions & association are making fool to the pro-rata pensioners,” there service is counted from the joining of service in DOT.” But they are paying the “ex-gratia, gratuity and leave encashment” on the basis of service rendered in MTNL from 1-11-1998 to 31-1-2020 and actual salary remaining from 1-2-2020 to actual date of superannuation as done earlier VRS in MTNL.
- Second Spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT:- Those pro-rata pension optee absorbed in MTNL who are retired on superannuation on attaining the qualifying pensionable service of 10 years in MTNL, are eligible for second spell IDA Pension. This case is pending to decide at Hon’ble Delhi High Court for updated validate members of the PRPA. But those who are not the member of PRPA, are requested to write the representation to the Secretary-DOT that “they are being paid EPF alongwith my provident fund which deducted from salary and I am ready to refund the amount of EPF and EPS-95 pension to the DOT on releasing my second spell IDA pension from DOT”.
- Second Spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT :– Those pro-rata pension optee absorbed on 1-11-1998 who are retired on 31-1-2020 on opting VRS-2019 and completed 21 years 3months qualifying pensionable service in MTNL, are eligible for Second Spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT. In fact, the pension is payable shown in their respective ex-gratia calculation sheet which is to be claimed by every individual . Firstly, they have to withdraw their 10D form from the CPF-section and protest the EPF by writing to Secretary-DOT that “ Kindly arrange to make the payment of Pension payable in ex-gratia and submit undertaking that they are ready to refund the EPF if paid with Provident fund which is deducted from the salary in service and no claim of EPS-95, subject to outcome of court case. It is specifically for those who are updated validate members of PRPA. But those who are not the members of PRPA, they have to write the representation to the Secretary-DOT with the same content as given in this paragraph and move to the court in groups.
- Second Spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT:– Those pro-rata pension optee absorbed on 1-10-2000 who are retired on 31-1-2020 on opting VRS-2019 and completed 19 years 4months qualifying pensionable service in MTNL, are not eligible for Second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT as per CCS-Pension Rule-1972. But they have to claim 125% ex-gratia on VRS-19 by submitting representation to Secretary-DOT for the claim of 125% ex-gratia & move to court in groups and may submit 10D form.
- The group of official/officers are claiming for income-tax rebate on ex-gratia payment on the ground of decision of Kolkata High Court and preparing to move to Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
- It is requested to all Updated validate members of PRPA to deposit their respective membership from 2017 onward alongwith legal contribution to Sh.V,K.Sharma by 31st July 2020 to stand the claim of court outcome for DP case and Second Spell IDA Pension to be paid by DOT. Thereafter, the final list will be submit to the Delhi High Court in the case Second Spell case and in case of DP, list is already submitted.
- Those updated validate members who are interested to remain with PRPA court cases, are requested to follow the direction and send their representations for submitting to court to Sh. V.K.Sharma (9868136686) by 30th June-2020. Those officials/officers opted for VRS-19 & not eligible for second spell IDA pension and who are interested in court cases for claiming 125% ex-gratia and those who are interested to claim income tax exemption on the basis of Kolkata High Court Decision, may contact to Sunil Kumar – 7982544354.
- It is requested to all pro-rata pension optee that you must move to court for their constitutional right either with Sunil Kumar GS-PRPA or move in individual group. Just by spending few thousands rupees, you may hope for the lakhs for rest of life and it is not bad decision. It is assured that none of the union/association will help you, they are made only for combined service pensioners.