- It is very much circulated on whats app the copy of the decision of GPF case of PRPA with dismissal by the CAT. In which the para-9 of the Presidential Order issued by the DOT on absorption is the ground to file the OA which is completely ignored by the court. As per para-9, the consent of the official is required to transfer the fund and DOT assured to pay PSU pension available in MTNL. The MTNL paid the IDA pension of PSU of MTNL till 2014 and after 2014 paid by DOT on behalf of MTNL. Even the CAT in daily order asked to the counsel whether oppose the EPF and request for GPF for IDA pension on the qualifying service. The case of second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT is admitted in Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
The counsel of PRPA is challenging this dismissal of the GPF case by the CAT in Hon’ble Delhi High Court in support of the case of Second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT on the completion of qualifying pensionable service. The members are not worry on rumors and PRPA is committed to fight in the land of law for it’s members benefit.
- The case CGHS will be pursued, to the concerned ministry with its own order for pro-rata pensioners, in December-2019 on the completion of 90 days after the receipt of cat order.
- In reference to court case for VRS optee’s, the counsel of PRPA wrote a letter to the CMD-MTNL & ED-Delhi. The objection of members of PRPA for VRS option, it is submitted to the Secretary DOT and CMD-MTNL by the PRPA. For any discrimination, the PRPA will take action on it.
- The case of fearing VRS in MTNL is raised in the parliament today.
- It is requested to all members, please not to believe in rumors and watch the PRPA site on regular basis. In case, any member who is not interested to continue to join the PRPA for DP case , Second spell case and GPF case, may leave the PRPA by not paying the contribution & membership. Once the members will opt for EPF pension on actual last pay drawn , may not be the part of second spell IDA pension of MTNL even after getting the decision from the supreme court in favor.
The case of second spell IDA Pension of psu/MTNL to be paid by DOT is admitted in Hon’ble Delhi High Court vide WPC-12160/2019 and notice issued. Those members who are willing to remain with this case may not apply for EPF-Pension. God bless you.
MTNL VRS Scheme – 2019
Whether this scheme is for workers only or for ITS & CMD & Directors also. Why the figures of CMD, Directors and ITS officers has not declared who opted this VRS. This organization was established by British People 170 years ago and so many generations contributed in its growth. If there is any failure that is due to management and corruption. In the interest of Nation and Government of India any one may withdraw the VRS option till 3rd December 2019. Those, who are telling in the meetings to discourage the staff, on other side they are getting extention after retirement. A 50 years old official/officer is burden on MTNL while retired white colored are useful for MTNL.
BMS “ Desh ke heet mei karenge kam, kam ke lenge pure daam”
VRS should be in phase manner on quarterly basis in the interest of MTNL/GOI resulting to revive. There is too much hurry to sell the property of MTNL.
No one is speaking regarding Pro-rata pensioners.
- The case of GPF is disposed off with the observation ,there is pension in MTNL and gpf trust formed in march 2005 , presidential order issued in 2001. The object to file this OA by the PRPA is complete.
- VRS Scheme 2019 introduced
Facts and Events
- Group C & D absorbed on 1-11-1998 under Rule-37 of CCS (Pension) Rule 1972.
- The pension will be regulated under Rule-37 in MTNL since 1-11-1998.
- IDA pension paid by MTNL from 1-11-1998 upto april-2014 is PSU pension.
- Since april-2014 onward IDA pension of PSU is being paid by DOT on behaif of MTNL.
- Appreciate the view of CMD-MTNL to consider the optee A & B at par under Rule-37 for the computation of ex-gratia on applying of VRS-2019.
- The VRS may be applied by any of the eligible employee without any fear. The superannuation age may be reduced to 58 as informed by CMD-MTNL.
- Highly appreciable, the government pensioners will also be eligible for IDA pension for second spell of service in MTNL as per the observation of senior counsels in reference to VRS Scheme-2019 introduced by MTNL.
- For eligibility of full pension in case of voluntary retirement the required qualifying pensionable service is 20 years as per GOI dated 29-8-2008.
- In case of superannuation, for full pension the required qualifying service is 10 years as per GOI dated 8-6-2011.
- The office order issued by MTNL for VRS-2019, the word “pro-rata’ is deleted from CCS (Pension) Rule-1972 as per GOI issued in December-2012. Hence, the office order is defective.
- Earlier three VRS Golden Sake hand scheme in MTNL had introduced, always the service was counted since the date of regular appointment for all absorbed DOT employees for the purpose of computation of ex-gratia. It is not new as done now.
- It is requested to VRS Optee that Please keep the filled copy of Form and work sheet of calculation of ex-gratia, gratuity, leave encashment, pension, group insurance etc.
- All the information with documentary evidence submitted to Hon’ble Delhi High Court through our counsel.
Note:- The official/officer applying for VRS must mark ‘yes’ column no.15, in the case filed the case in the court for appeal or natural justice or constitutional right.
After a long gap, the PRPA is again joining the dialogue with it’s members and pro-rata pensioners of MTNL. After the last updation, the new developments have come in force in this period.
1. In case of CGHS facility after retirement to pro-rata pensioners, Pr.CAT-Delhi passed the order to ministry of Health & DOT to review the case and allow ward on the basis of last post at the time of retirement from MTNL/PSU and not from the date of absorption.
2. The case of minimum pension 3665 since 1-1-2006 is allowed by the Pr.CAT-Delhi and order passed in favor of pro-rata pensioners in MTNL.
3. The case of DA on pension since absorption, the pleadings are completed and on final argument within few days.
4. The case of GPF is on board since last one week on hearing for final decision.
5. The case of second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT is submitted and on argument within few days in Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
6. The case of DP is linked with DA case at Hon’ble Delhi High Court.
The MTNL has introduced the VRS scheme for ita’s employee’s with draft terms & conditions. The executive of PRPA held in meeting has decided to oppose the two points at the level of CMD-MTNL, MOC, Head of group of ministers and PMO. 1. Un constitutional term introduced to stop the employee from the legitimate right of court appeal on the land of law. 2. Deduction of due pension amount (which is not being paid) from ex-gratia computed for rest of service on VRS applied in case of pro-rata pensioners of MTNL. Extreme level discrimination, Combined service pensioners will get 125% ex-gratia of last pay (BP+IDA), Pro-rata pensioners will get 75% ex-gratia of last pay (BP+IDA) and Directly recruited employee of MTNL will get 100% ex-gratia of last pay (BP+IDA). But subject to the Gujrat Model and cealing to three limits.
It is the crucial time, all the pro-rata pensioners have to unite for right. It is learnt from the sources, Asha Devi succeed to get combined pension of Rs.20,000/- pm with arrear of 15 lakhs after the long battle up to supreme court, the executive of PRPA congrats to Asha Devi on winning of less than 10 years case of pro-rata pensioners in MTNL.
The case of DP is argued on 2-7-19 & 3-7-2019 at Delhi High Court.
The court ordered to file counter reply and rejoinder to both parties accordingly. The case is listed on 23-1-2020.
- The case of second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT is on final
stage to file in Delhi High Court.
- The decision of LPA of MTNL on EPFO is still awaited at Delhi High
- In case of VRS the EPF of remaining service is to be paid to the CPF
Respected validate updated members of PRPA,
Always hope for the best and have confidence in yourself
- DP case listed in Delhi High Court on dated 2-7-2019
- GPF case listed in Pr CAT Delhi on dated 6-9-2019
- Minimum 3665 since 1-1-2006 in Pr CAT Delhi listed on 7-8-2019
- Second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT is to be filed after 20th june 2019 by senior learned council.
Individual Group Cases
- Full Parity case in Pr CAT Delhi listed on 7-7-2019
- DA on pension since 1-11-1998 in Pr CAT Delhi listed on 18-7-2019
- CGHS case in Pr CAT Delhi listed on 13-8-2019
Any one of the member may visit to the concerned court on date
- Delhi High Court pronounced the order on dated 22-5-2019 in favor of the Officers of Khadya Nigam that the members of EPS-95 belongs to exempted category are also entitled for higher pension on actual Basic+IDA with benefit of 11(3) and 26 with joint submission with record without any cut-off date and retiree has to submit the due with 6% interest. It will favor to MTNL employee also.
- Delhi High Court completed the pleading with arguments for the disposal of LPA to stay on order of EPFO on dated 24-5-2019. The MTNL employee group from Mumbai & Delhi submitted the argument through their council. Pronouncement reserved.
Respected validate updated members of PRPA/participants of Group,
Now a days different type of news are flowing reference to the employees of telecom companies BSNL/MTNL and for it’s revival. The elected govt will take the final decision as per it’s own suitability. The PRPA is committed to fight for Second spell IDA pension to be paid by DOT for it’s members up to the supereme court for natural justice and implementation of written promise by DOT.
It is also assured to the participants of group cases( DA on pension since 1-11-1998, full parity since 1-1-2006 and CGHS facility on IDA last pay drawn) that these cases shall also be fight upto the extent.
The VRS is to be carefully read before taking final decision
Sunil Kumar GS-PRPA